Skip to content


  • EACH SEMESTER students must notify Salem State's veterans' affairs office to request VA benefits for that semester.
  • Students are obligated to report any changes of status immediately to Salem State's veterans' affairs office, once an enrollment certification has been submitted to the VA. This includes any change in the number of credits for which students are enrolled, withdrawal from a course or program, and a change of major or program. 
  • Withdrawal from one or more courses which changes enrollment status, may result in an overpayment of VA benefits. If you have questions regarding overpayments, contact the VA at 1.888.442.4551.
  • When receiving VA Educational Benefits, all courses must count towards completion of a degree program. Ensuring this requirement is the responsibility of the student.
  • Recipients of Chapter 30, 1606, & 1607 (REAP) once your enrollment has been certified by Salem State's Veterans’ Affairs Officer for the current semester, you  must verify your enrollment with the VA at the end of each month before you will receive your monthly  benefit. To verify enrollment, go to or call 1.877.823.2378.
  • Members of the Massachusetts National Guard utilizing the 100 percent Tuition and Fee Reimbursement Program must submit a new Certificate of Eligibility to the veterans affairs office each semester.


veteran policy benefits tuition

Details (Optional)

0 details (optional)

Did this help?

voted yes


Share in Facebook Share in Google+ Share in LinkedIn Share in Delicious

Solution Properties

Solution ID
Last Modified Date
Thu Nov 16 12:22:13 EST 2017

Applies To